How to Insert Paper When Using an IBM Wheelwriter
Use the Paper Ball Load Lever to load paper semi-automatically. The lever has three positions: closed, open and load.
1. Turn the typewriter on.
2. Push the Paper Release Lever all the way back.
3. Align the center of the paper edge indicator with the vertical line to the left of zero on the paper scale.
4. Align the left edge of the paper with the vertical line in the center of the paper edge indicator.
5. Pull the Paper Ball Load Lever to the load position. When the paper begins to feed, release the Paper Bail Load Lever. The paper feeds to the top margin position.
6. Push the Paper Ball Load Lever back until it holds the paper against the platen.
You can also use the Paper Ball Load Lever to change the top margin.
How to Remove Paper When Using an IBM Wheelwriter
Pull the Paper Ball Load Lever to the open position.
Pull the Paper Release Lever toward you, then lift the paper out of the typewriter.
Push the Paper Release Lever and Paper Ball Load Lever back to the closed position.
Changing the Top Margin
When you insert paper, it feeds to the top margin position (first writing line). You can change the position of this top margin.
1. Use the Paper Ball Load Lever to insert a sheet of paper. An incorrect top margin position will result if you do not use the Paper Ball Load Lever.
2. Position the paper at the desired new first writing line.
3. Hold down the Code while you pull the Paper Ball Load Lever forward. The printwheel spins as the top margin is set.
4. Push the Paper Ball Load Lever all the way back and release Code. The new top margin is saved when you turn the typewriter off.
If you have any other questions about our typewriters and supplies, our reconditioning process, or need help with an order, please feel free to contact us and our team will be happy to assist you!